On Saturday, September 3, 2016, Perbanas Institute held a seminar under the theme “National Banking in Strengthening Micro Industry and Young Entreprenurs” located at the Auditorium of Unit III and attended by the SMEs, banking practitioners, academics, students (both diploma to master) and general public.
This seminar was a response to the current conditions in which the banking sector has a very important role and strategic in supporting the development of the SME sector, especially in the establishment, expansion and development. The banking industry sees SME industry as a key partner in the development of Indonesia's economy, so it needs to be embraced and nurtured seriously. One form of the support from the banking industry to the development of SMEs is their coaching programs are programs Kredit Usaha Rakyat (KUR), which aims, among others:
• Increasing access to financing sources;
• Development of entrepreneurship;
• Increasing product market of SMEs and cooperatives;
• Reform of SMEs and cooperatives regulation.
The support for the banking sector SME sector is manifested in the form of partnership programs and awards such as, among others Kampoeng BNI (BNI) and the Young Entrepreneur Mandiri (Bank Mandiri).
The Banking Seminar presented:
• Choirul Djamhari, Ph.D, the Deputy for Institutional Ministry of Cooperatives and SMEs representing the Minister of Cooperatives and SMEs , with the topic "The Role of Government in Promoting National Banking for Micro and Entrepreneurial to drive the sector as part of the Nawacita program"
• Dr. Aviliani, the Head of Research and Development Center of Banks Association, with the topic: "The Role of the National Banking and Strategic Steps to Support Micro Industry Sector and Young Entrepreneurs"
The other speakers on the seminar are:
• Arief Surarso, (VP Small Business Division PT. Bank Negara Indonesia, Tbk. (Persero), "The Role of PT. Bank Negara Indonesia in strengthening the micro and SMEs"
• Tardi (Retail Banking Director of PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk., "Challenges and concrete steps of PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) to encourage young people in entrepreneurship";
• Yasa P. Singgih (Independent Young Entrepreneur 2015 / Owner of Mens Republic), "Tips for successful entrepreneurs to win the competition in the creative industries";
• Sri Winarti (Participant Kampoeng BNI / Entrepreneur Batik Lasem) "Challenges of micro industries and SMEs in facing of global markets";
• Chand Kelvin (entrepreneur / artist), "Business opportunities of on-line business to pick up market share in generation Z”)
Perbanas Institute with the full support from the member of Banks Association (Perbanas) is committed to take an active role in bridging the communication and the needs of the SME sector to the banking sector in several ways, especially in terms of capital. The event was also expected to help the SME sector actors to communicate with the banking sector regarding their needs both in relation to partnerships and funding.