FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When was Perbanas Institute established?
Established on February 19, 1969 by Yayasan Pendidikan Perbanas (Perbanas Education Foundation) in Jakarta, Perbanas Institute has been teaching workforces who are knowledgeable in finance and banking. Its first name was Banking Science Academy (AIP Perbanas) and in 1982, it was developed into Banking and Accounting Academy (AAP Perbanas).
In 1988, the Indonesian government issued a deregulation in the banking sector which facilitated the opening of new banks which needed a large amount of employees. To respond the market needs of skilled workforces in banking AAP Perbanas evolved into STIE Perbanas (Perbanas School of Economics) and consequently following the development of science and technology, in 1994 YPP founded Perbanas School of Information Management and Computer (STMIK Perbanas). Then in December 1999, it opened Graduate Program of Magister of Management.
Furthermore, in accordance with its original purpose of the foundation in generating well-informed workforces in banking and finance and to improve the quality of the graduates to become regional players in Asia on October 23, 2007 Perbanas Education Foundation (YPP) merged STIE and STMIK Perbanas into Finance Banking and Informatics Institute Asia Perbanas (IKPIA Perbanas), or popularly known as Perbanas Institute.
- How many faculties and study programs are available?
Currently Perbanas Institute has three faculties, namely
- Faculty of Economics and Business, with majors in
- D-3 Accounting Taxation
- D-3 Finance Banking
- S-1 Management
- S-1 Accounting
- Faculty of Information Technology, with majors in
- S-1 Information Systems
- S-1 Informatics
- Perbanas Postgraduate School, with majors in
- Banking Management
- Sharia Banking Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- State Financial Supervision (special offer)
- Management Information Systems (special offer)
- Faculty of Economics and Business, with majors in
- When is the admission schedule in 2014/2015?
- Admission Regular Year 2014/2015 started in November 2014 - August 31, 2015.
- While the admission for Perbanas Postgraduate School is opened in February, April, July, August and October.
- Where is the place of registration for new students?
New Student Registration is served in the Marketing Bureau located in Unit V building 1st floor, (021) 525 2533, or 522 2501-04 ext. 5108, 5110, 5111, with the working hours:
- Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 17:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 - 15:00 pm.
- What is the estimated cost of new students to finish their study in Perbanas Institute?
The cost of the study are as follows:
- S-1 FEB: Rp.90.000.000, -
The first semester: 28.000.000
The following semesters: Rp.10.000.000
- D-3 FEB by: Rp. 37,000,000, -
The first semester: Rp. 11.500.000
The following semesters: Rp. 4.500.000
- S-1 FTI by: Rp. 64,000,000, -
The first semester: Rp. 14.000.000
The following semesters: Rp. 8.000.000
- S-1 FEB: Rp.90.000.000, -
- What are the new student admission requirements, both for S1 Regular and Extension Program?
- Regular: graduated and hold high school / vocational certificate or the equivalent;
- S1 Extension Program: graduated and hold Diploma 3 (preferably from Economics) from state/private colleges which have B accreditation;
- Postgraduate School: graduated and hold Bachelor Degree (S1) Certificate from state/private universities.
- If I were accepted in state universities? Is there any refund for those who already make a payment?
Refund is only given to new students accepted at nine (9) state universities:
- Universitas Indonesia (UI) Jakarta
- Universitas Padjadjaran (Unpad) Bandung
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) Yogyakarta
- Universitas Diponegoro (Undip) Semarang
- Universitas Brawijaya (Unbraw) Malang
- Universitas Airlangga (Unair) Surabaya
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB) Bogor
- Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) Bandung
- Institut Teknologi Surabaya (ITS) Surabaya
Refund payment cut administrative costs Rp. 1.000.000, - / students.
What is the cost of study at Perbanas Postgraduate School?
- Morning Class (Regular): Rp. 21,000,000
- Night Class: Rp. 32,000,000
- Weekend Class: Rp. 40.000.000
Note: Payments can be paid each semester
- What are the advances of Perbanas Institute?
The advantages of Perbanas Institute are:
- It is the only institute in Finance Banking and Information Technology endorsed by Perbanas Education Foundation supported with approximately 80 banks members of the Association of National Banks;
- It has a competence-based curriculum that is always upgraded and developed advancing the development of business world, especially in finance and banking and informatics;
- It has learning methods presented interestingly that motivate students to actively participate and providing sufficient space for innovation, creativity and independence, among others, in the form of discussions, project method, problem solving, and teamwork;
- It has teaching staffs holding S2 and S3 degree from leading universities from both domestic and overseas;
- It has strategic cooperation conducted by various agencies both inside and outside for the development in the field of academic and non-academic, among others: CPA Australia, the University of Newcastle in Australia, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Institute Bank-Bank Malaysia (IBBM) , Banking Professional Certification Institute (LSPP), Bank Muamalat;
- It has a Career Center named Perbanas Institute Career Center (PICC) which empowers graduates to have the quality, competence and competitiveness in the work field. Some PICC programs are Campus Hiring, Personal Development Seminars, Career Guidance, Job Fair and Career Development Program;
- It has adequate facilities and complete as a modern campus;
- It has a strategic location that is in the business triangle district (HR Rasuna Said-Sudirman-Thamrin), which make it easy to access by public transportation (Trans-Jakarta Bus) and free from 3 in 1 regulation.
- Where is the location of Perbanas Institute?
Perbanas Institute is located in a strategic business triangle area (HR Rasuna Said-Thamrin- Sudirman) at Jl. Perbanas, Karet Kuningan, Setiabudi, South Jakarta 12940
Tel: 021-525 2533 (Hunting), 2501-04 522, ext. 5108, 5110, and 5111
Fax: 021-522 8460
- What facilities does Perbanas Institute provide to support the teaching and learning process?
The facilities are
- 6 buildings 22 820 m2
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms and multimedia
- Free Hot spots in all areas of the campus
- IT-based academic administration services
- Laboratories (Computer Lab, Commercial and sharia banking Lab, as well as dealing room Lab)
- Library with a collection of the latest books and online journals
- Bank and ATM Center
- Taman Asri Canteen
- spacious and safe parking area and
- Sports Facilities (futsal, basketball, fitness center)
- Are student activity units available?
There are a number of student activity units that can accommodate the interests and talents as well as student achievement of Perbanas Institute under the guidance of the Bureau of Student and Alumni Affairs, they are
- Student Representatives Council (MPM)
- Student Executive Board (BEM)
- Perbanas Institute Choir
- Dynamic Campus Magazine
- Students Creative Arts (KSP)
- Students Creativity and Appreciation on Arts and Music (Kastik)
- Institut Perbanas FM (Radio)
- Slide Photography
- Student Association
- Student Spirituality Association
- Student Nature Lovers
- Student Sports Activities (Taekwondo, Badminton, Basketball, and Futsal)
- Are scholarships available in Perbanas Institute?
There are several scholarship provided by Perbanas Institute with these criteria; academic achievement, economy, activists and athletes. While other scholarships awarded by various agencies are Higher Education Scholarship, Kopertis, Bank Mandiri, BCA, Bank Internasional Indonesia (BII), PT Platon Trading Futures and PT Tugu Pratama Indonesia.
- How does Perbanas Institute prepare its graduates to be competitive in entering the work field?
Perbanas Institute provides Career Development Program (CDP) whose activity is under the coordination of the Directorate of Professional Education and implemented by Perbanas Institute Career Center (PICC). The training is free of charge for final year students and graduates who have passed a series of selection such as Making CV, Interview and Focus Group Discussion (FDG). The training materials include Interpersonal Skills, Rational Skills, Task Skills and other materials related to preparing the participants’ physical, mental and technical readiness to compete in the work field. Other materials provided are Public Speaking, Positive Body Language, Team Work, and Leadership. Detailed information about CDP can be found at PICC office in Unit VI building 2nd floor extension 6108 and 6109.